The Hollings Center for International Dialogue’s Istanbul office is seeking applications for a part-time project assistant for a short-term project. The successful candidate should be experienced in event organizing, working with international projects and individuals from multi-cultural backgrounds, professional, well organized, detail-oriented and possess strong communication skills. This is a part-time position with hours ranging from 20 – 24 hours per week, with hours increasing towards the end of the project term. The project term will be from November 2018 to April 2019.
The project assistant will work directly with the project manager to help prepare for and arrange the logistics of an event that the Hollings Center will be organizing in the spring of 2019. The program assistant is responsible for: 1) conducting research for event related materials including web site content, 2) coordinating logistics and support 3) acting as rapporteur during the event, and 4) carrying out other duties as assigned.
- Makes travel arrangements for the event,
- Assists in arranging hotels, restaurants, and transportation for the event,
- Coordinates with vendors,
- Tracks visa applications for travel to Turkey,
- Prepares conference materials,
- Liaises with the participants prior to and after the conference.
- Conducts research for symposium related materials, including for the web site,
- Assists in preparing conference materials such as program information booklet,
- Acts as rapporteur for the event.
- At least one year of professional work experience required.
- Experience in organizing events.
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge of Turkish and English
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work flexibly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- If applicant is a non-Turkish citizen, they must already possess a work permit.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and a brief cover letter outlining your background, prior experience and interest in this position to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Friday October 5, 2018.